You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

feature request or is there a way to... export multipage document as separate pdf, image, etc. files.

Lets say I have a multi-page document... that I need to export EACH PAGE as a SEPARATE PDF, JPG, etc. or whatever export format.    As far as I can tell I can do this by...  manually exporting Page1, then Page 2, then Page 3, then Page 4.   It would be extremely handy to have a check box for 'separate file for each page'...  pick 'all pages' or a  'page range' and have it automatically generate mydocument1.pdf, mydocument2.pdf, mydocument3.pdf...   where the number is the page number being exported. 

The companies I print through require a separate file for each page...  if you have a 100 page document its tedious to do 100 exports.  

I have just tested this with exporting pages (not spreads, though I don't think that would make the slightest difference) first to PNG's and then to JPG's.  And in each case, I got one image file per page - exactly what you've asked about.  I honestly don't think it could have worked any other way - neither PNG nor JPG are multi-page formats.

Your PDF export doesn't work that way right now - but it might be possible to find an external utility to split your multi-page PDF files into single-page files.  In fact, I'm on a Mac and it's the work of just a couple of minutes to put together an Automator workflow that specifically does this.  The resulting single-step workflow (a simple standalone desktop utility) just requires you to drag and drop your PDF onto it and it will produce the individual page files.

image.png.bb45324547359388fbaacf3ae3a326e7.png

One caveat…  There seems to be a bug - at least on my machine - where it fails to remember the Save Output target (shown above as a folder called TEMP).  In each of several tests, the split files ended up on my Desktop and not where I'd asked them to go.  Not too big a deal with an 8-page document, but could be inconvenient with 100 pages.  Certainly not insurmountable, but definitely inelegant.  If I was going to be using this myself, this might be a good enough reason to experiment with a little AppleScript to do the same job to avoid this bug.

Dunno how easy this would be if you're a Windows user, but I'm sure it could be done one way or another.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

GaryLearnTech,

That's excellent... I hadn't tried it with JPG, etc... only with PDF.   JPG works most of the time for my usage.   I do card game layouts and need to export individual cards to Image files for the printer.    As long as I have one image file per page auto export for JPG, PNG, etc.  I'm good to go.    Individual PDF page export would be handy at times but not a daily workflow issue. 

I do have another PDF export issue that's driving me nuts though.   I have a 130 page scanned PDF...  the pages are image files...   The software it was created in generated about a 30gb file.   If I load it into Publisher and export out a PDF before making any changes (or after making any changes) the resulting file is over 400mb in size.   If I export the pages as separate JPG images they are about 2mb each with a few later pages...  The document is B/W but the images are rgb8 and I can't see any options anywhere to drop it down to a 2 bit image. 

If I do the same thing in Page Plus it generates a 40mb PDF...  so a little bigger but not order of magnitude bigger.    

• 2 years later...

I'm a new fan of Affinity (a long-time ex adobe customer).  I recently needed to create an individual pages pdf from a multipage document and found it easy by using the export persona feature available in designer and photo. All you need is a multipage pdf. Open it in affinity photo or designer and use the export persona feature.

I created a how-to tutorial for this since many designers/users will probably want to know. 

https://youtu.be/k2eH1IDg1uI