You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Option to export text vector spaces too!

Please make an option to export vector text spaces (maybe a tick box in the exporter or something)

What do i mean?...i made an example vector text for webpages,
the problem is when i select it i notice it haven't got spaces (it's hard to select by mouse so try Ctrl+A to see what i mean...open it with internet explorer, edge, mozila firefox or google chrome to see it in a browser and check it)
It's a vector text that says "Text on curve - vector graphics for webpages" (curving like wave)

from "Text on curve" i have put the spaces manually by opening the svg in the notepad++ while i haven't done anything to the rest text.
you can see it does selects spaces from "Text on curve" but it doesn't select spaces from " - vector graphics for webpages"

what should i do in order to export spaces too so, the user can copy-paste with the spaces on the text?

i have attached 3 files,

The afdesign to see what i have got just right before export.

The test1 is exactly right after export and it is how it shouldn't be exported, the spaces are missing in the code and when you press Ctrl+A you can see there are no spaces, you can also try to copy after Ctrl+A and then paste it somewhere and see what's wrong since it will be all the text spaceless.

and the test2 (i fix it by hand after finding 1-1 letter and putting the spaces in the notepad++) is how it should be exported, the spaces aren't missing in the code, when you press Ctrl+A you can see there are the spaces, you can also try to copy this one and then paste it somewhere and see there is nothing wrong with it since the spaces are just right there, it's not like the 1st one

But i don't want to fix them by hand one by one, it should be right after exporting and no manual fix should needed...

...At least put an option that doesn't remove spaces or putting spaces as text, blank text, vector or just blank vector (or something like that's fully compatible with all browsers)

btw why i don't use pdf? because i want to be able to select elements i may want to change the color of some letters slowly slowly as the user scroll, hover, press a button or anything else someone can do, so i need to put a transition select what i want to change the color, i may for example change "stroke:#006bff;stroke-width:0.81px" to "stroke:#000000;stroke-width:0.1px" to make it smaller and black as the user do something.

I can't do that with a pdf so, i need svg

affinity version 1.7.1.404

P.S. sorry for the duplicate the post but i didn't had any option to move the post between forums and i think this is the right forum for this post

test1.svg

test2.svg

text on curve - vector graphics for webpages.afdesign

13 hours ago, giannis196 said:

because i want to be able to select elements i may want to change the color of some letters slowly slowly as the user scroll, hover, press a button or anything else someone can do, so i need to put a transition select what i want to change the color, i may for example change "stroke:#006bff;stroke-width:0.81px" to "stroke:#000000;stroke-width:0.1px" to make it smaller and black as the user do something.

That is a shed load of code you'll be working with. I am quite likely wrong but I would think your result would be easier realized with a pure scripting solution using the text string as a variable. I don't see how an SVG file would simplify things.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

16 minutes ago, haakoo said:

Is this what you want to see?

Both of the attachments seem to be broken.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 7/5/2019 at 12:38 AM, Old Bruce said:

That is a shed load of code you'll be working with. I am quite likely wrong but I would think your result would be easier realized with a pure scripting solution using the text string as a variable. I don't see how an SVG file would simplify things.

It would simplify things if i design it in affinity design and then animate it in blender (it's a good 3D modeling program but you can also animate .SVG files.)

Please make it possible!
Put an option for exporting vector text spaces, make an option for this specific work.

Thanks!

btw how i can make the affinity software developers see that?

2 hours ago, giannis196 said:

btw how i can make the affinity software developers see that?

Serif staff read everything in this forum. They usually do not respond to suggestions for improvement, though.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1