You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cloning and Healing Tool Brushes

Allow us to create cloning and healing tool brushes by utilizing the right click or control/option/command to easily create different brushes. It took me a bit to find out how to create these by going into More. Also figuring out how to find the modes like, Lighten, Darken, Multiple, was hard to find. These should be on the top of the screen, easy to locate.

Also, I couldn't rotate the brushes or save them. It only allowed me to rotate one way and not the other. 

12 hours ago, photoadele said:

Allow us to create cloning and healing tool brushes by utilizing the right click or control/option/command to easily create different brushes. It took me a bit to find out how to create these by going into More. Also figuring out how to find the modes like, Lighten, Darken, Multiple, was hard to find. These should be on the top of the screen, easy to locate.

Hi photoadele,

You can already do this by opening the brush panel, you can either right click on a brush, this shows a menu of things you can do, or double click to directly enter the brush editor. The more button is another method of entering the editor.

If you want a completely new brush but keep the original you need to duplicate, then you can make as many adjustments as needed to get the brush to do what you want, the blend modes are quite easily visible below your initial settings. You can also assign the brush directly to the clone tool. The new brush is automatically saved, in the brush panel you can right click and move it to any category and also rename it.

When I create new brushes I select a basic bush for the tool, I then create a new brush category, make any adjustments needed, attach to which ever tool I want, maybe change the blend modes. The new brush appears in the new category and is saved automatically.

If you need to rotate the brush on the fly during the cloning process then as @Hilltop says you just use the arrow keys.

Screen Shot 2019-07-03 at 12.46.57.png