Affinity Publisher almost always crashes when I  try to print. Sometimes as soon as I press print, other times it will print but immediately crashes. When I do manage to get a print it is perfect. The printers are an HP Laserjet 1320 and a Brother and a Brother 2070 and a Canon ix6850. I realise that they are in the first bloom of youth but every other file seems to print OK.  I am using the Publisher 1.7.1 

Hi Lee, Thanks for getting back to me. I am using OS10.9.5.  on an iMac. This is as high as I can go without losing Adobe CS6 which I must hang on to until I am confident with Affinity. Among other things I print a small magazine using Adobe CS6 but this time was going to have a go at producing it with Affinity (all my A/photo and designer elements are fine).

All is not lost however. I may have found the cause of the crashing. The text for the article was supplied to me as a PDF (not unusual) but as I was placing into the publisher file there appeared to be odd gaps throughout quite a few of the words. I have a feeling that the PDF file may be corrupted as I have retyped the article  and placed it in publisher and so far it is printing fine. All the printer drives are up to date.  Must say that I love the whole Affinity experience and all the little extras that I came across in the print tutorial look very promising...and time saving.

Do you think that I am right about the duff file? And can I contact you again if the problem has not gone away?

John Sinclair

5 hours ago, Lee D said:

It can be hard narrowing down document issues, please post if you have any other issues.

Hi Lee, Publisher still crashing on my iMac when I try to print. Hopefully I have managed to attach a report

All Messages.aslquery

I am having a crashing issue with Publisher as well.  It doesn't matter what I try to print. As soon as I select print it crashes (no error message visible). 

MacOS 10.16.4 

16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Radeon Pro 555X 4 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Affinity Publisher 1.7.2

HP Officejet Pro 8610

If there is a file I need for logs, happy to dig it out, just need pointed in the right direction to grab it.

18 hours ago, AvairySolutions said:

If there is a file I need for logs, happy to dig it out, just need pointed in the right direction to grab it.

Go to Applications > Utilities > Console and check the User Reports. You can get them copied to the desktop and then attach that.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.x.x