You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Multibrush Tool in Affnity Designer 1.7.1.404

Hello guys!

Recently I´ve updated my affinity designer version from 1.7.0. to 1.7.1.404 and so far I´m really enjoying it and loving it for it´s slick design and new functions. One function/tool I was really excited to play around with was the multibrush-tool. The thing is I still can´t find this tool although I did check out the various brush presets in designer as well as pixelpersona-mode. Maybe I overlooked something which is crucial in order to get the multibrush option to work? Thanks for any help!

Hello @Fat_Cat,

Welcome to this forum.
The Multibrush Tool can be found in the Pixel Persona.
See also here

Multibrush.png.1a97ee6ecda2f895db377eaf0088f52a.png

Chers

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3447)

Hey @Gnobelix,

Thanks for your reply! Maybe there is a misunderstanding. So let me be more clear about what I am actually looking for. This is the effect I am trying to find in the new AD 1.7.1404 version but couldn´t find yet:

https://twitter.com/NeilLadkin/status/1124717633197228032

The author of this video suggest to download the "inksy/wet graffitti" brush set from within AD 1.7.1.404. However...as far as I can remember while I installed/updated my version I didn´t receive anykind of notification or whatsoever regarding this brush set. Therefore I thought this effect is the result of the new multibrush tool. Thanks to anyone who can enlighten me regarding this matter! :D

Cheers,
Fat_Cat

• Staff

Hi Fat_Cat :)

The Inksy/Wet Graffitti brushes are free content offered for Affinity Photo, do you have this app, or Designer only?

This is however simply just a sample brush pack, if you're looking to create your own multi-brush in the Pixel Persona of Designer then you can find tutorials and further samples in the below thread!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Hi @Dan C,

thx for your quick reply! :) Aha...I understand! Didn´t know this brush set is available only to AF users...too bad. Yeah...I have the Designer app, only. Thank you very much for the link you shared with me. I will take a closer look at StuartRC´s topic. So again...double thumbs up for that one! Hopefully I can reproduce the effect of the twitter-video I previously linked in AD. 

Cheers,
Fat Cat

Edited by Fat_Cat