klsmn

1.7.1 stroke rendering incorrectly

See stroke settings (although the issue is not confined to these specific values, couldn't determine what exactly causes it) and renderings at various zoom-levels. Also does not export correctly!

1442757353_Bildschirmfoto2019-06-24um17_53_29.png.e5770fd733d2d690d54713cb4e9524c6.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-24 um 17.48.44.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-24 um 17.48.56.png

Bildschirmfoto 2019-06-24 um 17.49.05.png

export.jpg

Hi klsmn,

You will need to increase your 'mitre' (gehrung) value as you increase the stroke width to overcome this. I'm not sure if there is a specific correlation between stroke width and required mitre setting but it would be helpful to know from the dev team as it would allow us to set accordingly to avoid these issues rather than experimenting through trial and error.

Can anyone confirm if there is a specific correlation between the two, i.e. a factor figure so if you have a stroke of 'x' you then need to multiply by 'y' to give you the required mitre value to avoid the OPs issue?

Affinity Photo 1.7.0, Affinity Designer 1.7.0, Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.384 Beta

MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Thanks for pointing me to it, I'll try that! Now I realize that I really don't know how the mitre setting works or what exactly it does. Couldn't find anything by way of a quick Google search either. 

Hi klsmn,

There is a known issue that the corner can, when zoomed, flicker between the bevelled and not if the mitre limit is small. This is with development.

Regarding what the Mitre actually is, there is a great post from Matt P and A_B_C about how it works: