aaaashy

please allow me to save files as TIFs or JPGs

i have been buying your apps since they were released but have yet to really use any since i am buying them to support alternatives to Adobe Ps (especially the permanent payment system they are abusing), BUT having just tried out the latest version of Photo i find it only saves a weird file type, namely .afphoto

please tell me that you have NOT limited your system to otherwise unusuable file types

PLEASE!!!

.afphoto is analogous to a PSD file... it is native to the program and supports layers, etc. 

The options you want for creating jpegs etc are found under Export. 

Cheers!

Posted (edited)

thank you for your reply, but there seems to be a misunderstanding as to what is expected by clients .......

.afphoto may well be an image file (i.e./ analogous), but i want to end up with files that i can send to others, and that will not require an Affinity app to actually view them .... which is why i asked about TIFs

my working practise for the last 3 decades has been:-

i start working on RAW files, i then have a working stage which involves layers/masks/retouching (TIFs) before flattening to final TIFs and JPGs (depending on whether it is going to print or being used online)

so please can you tell me how this works with a file that doesn't not seem to be able to be made into a TIF?

do YOU give your clients .afphoto files as final image files?

Edited by aaaashy

22 hours ago, aaaashy said:

please tell me that you have NOT limited your system to otherwise unusuable file types

Hi asaashy, you may have missed the last line of Horseflesh’s response.

If you go to file>export you will find various  formats, ie jpg, png & tif. 

ohmigod!!!!

i spent ages looking for alternatives to Save/SaveAs/but totally missed Export

(why is it that so many apps come up with different titles for Save?????????)

thank you for pointing that out!:)

i now have learnt that Affinity Photo could possibly become a replacement for CS6 when i move up to a new Mac and suddenly find that CS6 will not work on the latest OSX that comes with the computer

thank you again!