You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Just purchased Publisher, had the Beat version. My download is going at a rate of 63kb per second WOW, over 2 hours to download. Everything is fine on my end, is there a server issue, this is unreal. Also, while I wait weeks for my download, on my MAC screen the icon for the download says "Affinity Publisher BETA", I have no idea why, maybe you do? Also, my download instructions all state iPad in the instructions, even though I purchased the IOS version, what's up with that, since i am using a MAC, is that normal? I am going through Affinity hell, any help or explanations out there?

hell.jpeg

hell 2.jpeg

The files are hosted on Amazon, and if you downloaded the file from the Affinity Store, we use CloudFront technology to provide the download at a location close to you. If your downloads are slow, I suggest you contact your internet provider. Just make sure you're not still downloading the beta from the forum, because 1) that's not the file you want, and 2) while that's still hosted with Amazon, those beta files don't use CloudFront, and are instead located in Virginia, USA.

Mark, I am downloading from the link on the Affinity email I was given after purchased. I know I paid for Publisher, but as you can see from the screen shot that the Publisher icon on my screen shows BETA. And all my instructions for font downloads and such mention the iPad in the text, and I know I ordered the IOS version, but the instructions look like for the iPad. Given how everything has been screwed up with my purchased I think there are issues going on at Affinity, I can't think any other. Just to many issues with this.

Your first screenshot looks spot-on for the finally released production Mac version of Affinity Publisher.  Your second screenshot appears to show your previously downloaded/installed beta version still in the Dock, while the new download is showing its progress along to the right.  Those two are totally independent of each other.

—— Gary ——

Photo/Designer/Publisher: Affinity Store, v2.4.n release

Mac mini (M1, 2020), 16GB/2TB, macOS Ventura 13.4.1(c) • MacBook Pro (Intel), macOS Ventura • Windows 10 via VMware Fusion • iOS: current release

4 hours ago, nicolay said:

My download is going at a rate of 63kb per second WOW, over 2 hours to download

When that happens I will hit the X and after a few minutes hit the reload symbol where the X used to be. Usually much faster upon resumption.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.