You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.1 - Saving doc removes doc’s tag in Files

Hi team, 

When saving a doc I opened from iCloud Drive...

- Each save from Designer causes the file to loose its tag in Files, and “Hide extension” property switches from on to off (in macOS). Noticed the Mac when creating Publisher docs for page spreads, before switching back to iOS for the rest i.e. Publisher doc created first, gets worked on in Designer (iPad) from there and saved. The tag  loss happens to both Designer and Publisher docs in Files.

- Strangely the doc’s tag remains in the Finder on Mac. Lately been finding Files updates better automatically than the Finder, so perhaps Finder isn’t refreshing well (macOS 10.14.5). Though the Finder does show the loss of hiding the file extension when getting saved in Designer on iPad. Have closed/reopened the apps numerous times, and restarted OS.

Thinking this may be important for Serif, for compatibility in file management between Files and Finder.

For my work in iOS, simply loosing the assigned tag after every filesave in Designer.

Using iPad Pro 3rd Gen, 12.9”, iOS 12.3.1

Hope this helps.

Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo (iPadOS 14 beta, iPad Pro 12.9” - 3rd Gen)

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi SageBlue,

Thanks for letting us know. I've reproduced that here and will get it passed onto development! Thanks for letting us know! It seems as though the Tagging being lost is actually an iPadOS 13 issue. I tried it on both iOS 12 and iPadOS 13 and could only reproduce it on iPadOS 13.