You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, Congratulations for a really great work, you make it, thank you.

Found that the beautiful masking shown in today's keynote using Apublisher opening Aphoto then blurring a photo then on Adesigner make a square and using it as a mask by dragging in the blurring box doesn't mask :( i did trying many ways, blur works masking the blur box doesn't.

Testing other new things :)

Joaquim Berenguer

www.berenguer.info

Hi Joaquim,

The issue seems to be the positioning of the live filter. In the video for some reason when Ashley adds the Box Blur live filter, its default position is directly above the image layer, i.e. the left edge of the Box Blur lines up with the left edge of the underlying image (see below).

blur_correctly_positioned.jpg.eda1ad46ef4451909efb6773ede14762.jpg

When I add a live filter to the image layer it isn't automatically aligned in the same way, it is indented to the right, which is why you are having the problem reproducing the effect.

blur_incorrectly_positioned.jpg.7705af618302668aa8e534b0a7929da0.jpg

If you pick up the Box Blur/Live Filter layer and drag it slightly down and to the right until a horizontal blue line appears in between and to the right of the live filter selection and the underlying image layer and then release it, the live filter layer then jumps to the left and aligns with the image layer below.

Then when you add the box as Ashley does in the video and align it to the right of the Box Blur live filter layer so you see a vertical blue line to the right of the live filter layer and then release it, you can recreate the effect.

I'm unsure whether there is a trick I'm missing that allows the live filter layer to automatically appear in the correct position when added? I'm not sure what Ashley did that was different?

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

Yes, it's applied in either AF Photo or AF Designer, not in AF Publisher...

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2402) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2402)

Agree, something different happening in terms of live filter placement between Ashley's demo and what seems to be happening in practice. Maybe there is a sneaky keyboard press required but if so I couldn't replicate the automatic live filter placement!

Hopefully, someone can shed a light on this as would be helpful to know...