You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there Guys!!

I don't know if this is the correct forum, but I need to do something like the image attached, first: is it possible to do it in AD? If so, how can I do it? Any of you knows a tutorial? In my little experience as a designer, I think it has to be vectorized, then do a cliping or masking with texture... am I going in the right path? 

I would much appreciate any help, comments or suggestion as how to do it.

Thank you so much!

Regards, 

Jose A.

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-17 at 11.34.33 AM.jpeg

It isn't completely clear what you want to do but for example, if you have a bunch of jpeg or other raster image files of cupcakes, you could use the Place menu command or tool in Affinity Designer to place each one on a document at whatever size & location you want.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Hi, baal_uriel,

From what I can see of the image, the cupcakes appear to have started as traditional watercolors painted mostly inside friskets. While both Designer and Photo can create watercolor like images, Photo is a little better. But neither are specifically for emulating traditional watercolors. In Designer, one would mask the watercolors w. vectors. In Photo, either vectors of other bitmaps could be used. this is something I don't do much, so will suggest you down load the trial versions and see if they satisfy your needs.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

7 hours ago, R C-R said:

It isn't completely clear what you want to do but for example, if you have a bunch of jpeg or other raster image files of cupcakes, you could use the Place menu command or tool in Affinity Designer to place each one on a document at whatever size & location you want.

Thank you!!