You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.7.0 Crashes galore

Khobe

Affinity Photo 1.7 crashes as it tries to open, I only see Affinity's starting panel appear and then everything disappears. Conclusion: it crashes from the get go. This is not a small problem. Oh by the way contrary to what I've been tagged automatically on this forum I'm not a newbie, I've been using Affinity Photo since the first Beta version in 2015. I love this app and I work with it.

• Staff

Hi Khobe,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Do you mind trying the latest Affinity Photo Customer Beta 1.7.1.140  and check if it still crashes for you (remember to keep the MAS/retail version installed since its needed to validate the Beta)? If so can you attach the crash report here so we can take look please? Thank you.

Hi MEB, 

Reporting installation successful after download of version 1.7.1.141 from the AppStore and it looks stable but now I need to run a project to see what happens. The app is still in a Beta version is that supposed to be that way? I lost a ton of brushes I need to reinstall, if this is my only problem I consider myself happy.

Hi MEB,

I updated a second time Affinity Photo on the AppStore and now I'm asked to put in my validation key when I open the app. I typed my current email address and the only validation key I ever received, from when I started with Affinity Photo. Then tried the original user id received in an email directly from Serif at the time and it didn't work either. To my knowledge I never received any other key and as you can see in the attachment, my user id and key are not valid anymore. Just to let you know, back then I had another computer and another email address. I can't find a product key or any current information regarding this in my account page or order history, only related DAUB 2017 and 2018 addon products. The file I'm sending you contains pertinent informations of purchase and current situation concerning my validation problems. It seems there are many hoops to go through with this process. This is really not convenient at all for me since I cannot even work in my old 1.6.7 version anymore because it was replaced by the 1.7.141 version. The installed version is not working in a demo mode in the mean time while this can be resolved, so my happiness was shortlived.

17 hours ago, Khobe said:

I updated a second time Affinity Photo on the AppStore and now I'm asked to put in my validation key when I open the app.

It sounds like you updated the release version and are still launching the beta.  They are installed separately - one does not replace the other - but the beta will not recognize a newer version of the release version than the beta itself is.