You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Some pictures linked with Publisher RC1 don’t show up in Designer 1.7.0

I just did a test:

1) I opened a Designer file with some embedded pictures (therefore with a 250 mB file size) in Publisher RC 1 as Artboards and replaced the embedded pictures with their linked originals.

2) The saved Publisher file (now a mere 1 mB) displays the pictures perfectly.

3) When I open the Publisher file in Designer 1.7 however, Designer shows just coarse approximations of most TIFs and JPGs. However, three JPGs are displayed correctly.

The linked pictures reside in different folders and maybe this is the reason for this selective representation as Designer maybe expects them to be in one place? As there is no Resource Manager in Designer there is nothing I can do about it except to embed the pictures again in Publisher. Even a stripped down version of a resource manager could help here.

Update: When I replace those coarse looking linked pictures – the same that look great in Publisher – with identical files in Designer

1) they now look good in Designer as well

2) they do keep their linked status (even though Designer itself does not yet expose this feature).

So with a little workaround the Designer file size stays small and looks just as is should.

• 1 month later...