You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

My first go with a RAW file, .NEF, from an approved camera.  It opened in Develop Persona, I got fantastic results from adjustments, and I love the workspace.  But I can't find the 'commit' button, so the program won't allow me to leave the persona for any other one, nor can I save my adjustments.  Well and truly a stuck beginner.  What am I overlooking (probably the obvious)?

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the forums, Cleatless! Once you've made your changes you need to press the Develop button:

attachicon.gifDevelop.png

I think there's a bug in this process somewhere. I'd been stuck for 15 minutes with Affinity photo telling me I had to commit or cancel, but both buttons were disabled. Nothing I tried brought them to life again until I switched to another document and then back again. Using the word "commit" is problematic because it can't be found anywhere, not even in the help documentation.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

I think there's a bug in this process somewhere. I'd been stuck for 15 minutes with Affinity photo telling me I had to commit or cancel, but both buttons were disabled. Nothing I tried brought them to life again until I switched to another document and then back again. Using the word "commit" is problematic because it can't be found anywhere, not even in the help documentation.

Are you able to replicate the issue again? If so, please let us know the steps taken to get this issue. We can then investigate further :)

• 1 year later...

Alright, just clicked into the Develop persona by accident and now I'm trapped? There are NO buttons at all the Develop or Cancel. This is Photo 1.5.1 btw, which I think may be the problem?

EDIT: I suppose I should add that I do NOT want to Develop the image. How the hell is Develop such a trap that I can't even use the Close item from the menu bar, btw?!

(I'm going to post this in bugs too, just in case.)

CUB3MQs.jpg

heavyboots,

From your screenshot, you seem to have the context toolbar hidden.

Just go to View > Show Context Toolbar, and the cancel button will appear  :)

High-End Photographic Prints

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.