You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding a settings for print area in print dialog box

My suggestion for a future release:  It would be very handy if you could add a printing area (length and width), so it would be possible to define an exact area the printer is printing on the selected paper size. It's handy when printing on a paper sheet that should have a white border when placing in a mount. I added a screenshot of my other RAW application ON1 Photo RAW 2019 that has this feature.

Thanks & keep up the great work.

Claudius

Bildschirmfoto 2019-05-31 um 12.37.58.png

I am not sure how that would help.... I would like to have a feature that allows me to set canvas size in millimetres, without resample. That is still missing! After I have correct size I can print to sheet centered, All area outside canvas is white. Admittedly shift function would be even better... but centered is good enough for me.

2 hours ago, Fixx said:

I would like to have a feature that allows me to set canvas size in millimetres, without resample. That is still missing! After I have correct size I can print to sheet centered, All area outside canvas is white.

Document > Resize Canvas already allows that, so presumably I'm not understanding what you really want :)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

8 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Document > Resize Canvas already allows that, so presumably I'm not understanding what you really want :)

Sorry, should have used name "document size" instead "canvas size". Resize Document  (Resize Image in adobeland) would allow user to set exact print size, if it just would allow setting size in millimetres. Though, separate print area command would definitely be the usual affinity way of taking care of easy task with convoluted solution.

Well using the canvas to resize the image sounds complicated and It's not very intuitive for me (Affinity Photo). What happens if I wish to print it with a border and for the next print without a border? Do I have to resize the canvas/document every time? In ON1 Photo RAW I simply change the print area in the print dialog box and the app takes care of the resizing (if needed), don't have to deal with canvas, resolution etc (the max. print size in ON1 Photo RAW is the pint area defined by the printer driver). Maybe ON1 Photo RAW 2019 handles files differently but the usability is what really matters.