FrenchUser

Zoom : CTRL + (+) instead of CTRL + (=)

Zoom +

Ctrl++ seems to be more logical compared to Ctrl+= .

Ctrl++  already works but is not mentionned.

Great job and very intuitive application.

= and + share the same key (ignoring numeric keypad which may not be present on all devices) on common keyboard layouts, with = being the default and + only working if shift is also pressed.

Ctrl + = seems logical to me because it functions without the shift modifier.

Ctrl + + could imply that the shift must also be pressed.

Highly recommended open source screen capture software (useful for bug reports).

CrPzyCp.jpg

https://getsharex.com/

3 hours ago, matt.baker said:

= and + share the same key (ignoring numeric keypad which may not be present on all devices) on common keyboard layouts, with = being the default and + only working if shift is also pressed.

Ctrl + = seems logical to me because it functions without the shift modifier.

Ctrl + + could imply that the shift must also be pressed.

I commented about something similar awhile back, but my post was about some different shortcuts.

For example, on Windows, File > Close is shown as Ctrl + W but typing a W (rather than a w) requires use of the Shift key. And Ctrl + Shift + W does not work. What I find interesting is that the key on all my keyboards is labeled W even though pressing it without shift gives w instead. Or, for another, the Brush Tool shortcut is B, which is how the key is labeled, even though pressing that key would generate a b.

So they seem to be labeling the shortcuts based on what the key says, not necessarily on what it generates.

It's a little different in the case of the +/= since they allow both to work, though.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta