Sign in to follow this  
IPv6

Rasterize and Trim for MASKS

Since there is no "destructive crop" bringing document size to proper dimensions can be very tricky.
Thanksfully there is "Rasterize and trim" option for Pixel layer.

But MASK layers can be bigger then document too! And currrently there is simply NO way to change its size to fit document bounds. In whole application. Which is sad //

Suggestion: Please, make option "Rasterize and trim" work on masks too so they are trimmed (rasterize part ignored). Or, add additional action to layers - Trim. Which wok on layer of any kind and do DESTRUCTIVE trimming. Because frequently this is exactly what is really needed.

Why do you need to set object bounds to document size? The are different things. When you export to delivery format only document bounds matter.

i have different "template" files of different sizes and frequently moving layers from template files (bigger) to production files (smaller). Then i position bigger layer in document and trim it. This is greatly speeding up my workflow. And for this workflow layers (including masks) of "non document" size are frequently annoying, since when i add different effects (like blur, meadian, etc) - bigger layers frequently "leak" color (usual layers)/transparency (mask layers) from the outside of the document bounds.

Layers can be instanlty trimmed but with masks only cut&paste works - and in deep hierachy its a pain to shuffle this stuff after paste. Would be best to have destructive crop, in fact... i have no idea why devs so resist to just do real usual crop for all invisible parts //