You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why this difference between AppleStore and Serif ?

I aggree with JohnWClark !

I acquired a license of Affinity Photo in December 2017 on the Apple Store and since I have not had any updates. I have the 1.6.7 version and I do not know if it is the most recent one because even on the Serif site I did not find the number of the latest version.
I searched on my invoice or my Apple Store purchase history and found no license number Only an order number (MMJF0TF55L). When I open the page of my Serif store downloads, this purchase does not appear.

Why is there this gap between buyers at Apple and those at Serif.

At the moment of purchase, this difference in treatment was not stipulated and in any case could have been avoided by a simple first launching routine.

I would like to know the number and the latest version and, eventually, a link to download it and in the future be treated as a full-fledged Serif customer.

Thank you in advance

Affinity_Invoice.jpg

Edited by Beaver13

10 minutes ago, SFurniss said:

Apart from the different installation method

And the different update delivery mechanism, and the different contractual arrangement. whistling.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

I would include updates in the same category as installation. I think most people would see it as self evident that different companies will have their own contractual agreements. While there are small differences in the way you install the software and any updates, the features within the Mac app and our app are identical.

3 minutes ago, SFurniss said:

While there are small differences in the way you install the software and any updates, the features within the Mac app and our app are identical.

I don’t disagree, but the OP wrote:

1 hour ago, Beaver13 said:

At the moment of purchase, this difference in treatment was not stipulated

The difference is clearly important to some of your customers, so it would be helpful if it were made explicit.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think most people would see it as self evident that different companies will have their own contractual agreements

Yes you are right ! No doubt I am a little silly not to have understood that ...
Maybe because in the Apple page it is mentioned 'sold by Serif' ...??? :37_disappointed: