You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Two tab stop variants?

When I create tab stops using the Text Ruler, there are two ways to arrange them vertically:
image.png.bca1be444d299868b99fe4bbf5a267d6.png

I haven't figured out what the difference is yet. Does anyone know more? The help doesn't make me smarter either. Both variants are left-justified as standard.

From memory (not at the computer right now)...

One measures from the left side and the other from the right. This matters if you resize the text box. 

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

7 minutes ago, Aammppaa said:

One measures from the left side and the other from the right. This matters if you resize the text box. 

Thanks for the explanation, @Aammppaa!

The (German) Help states that the upper tab stops are right-justified. Because the lower tab stops can also be right-aligned, it didn't make sense to me.
You explained it well, and I think it's a very useful functionality 9_9