ToddX61

Unable to batch process svg to png (or anything else)

Hi,

I've recently purchased Affinity Photo 1.6.11 (running on macOS 10.14.4.)  I'm having a problem similar to the one described here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/63849-photo-batch-processing-does-not-save/.  But I'm not using  Default Folder X as the OP was.

After pressing OK, the New Batch Job dialog disappears instantly and doesn't seem to do anything. When I examine the output folder in Finder, the file is not there.

Thanks

9XwiF6y - Imgur.png

Hi ToddX61,

Welcome to the forums.

I've just done a couple of quick tests using an .afdesign file located on the desktop and saving back to the desktop and another directory and it's working fine. If you only have the one file listed, the window will only remain on the screen for a second as processing takes place.

Have you tried doing a Spotlight search for the filename or moving the files to a different location?

Posted (edited)

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. Doing a search, there were were quite a few files with that name...though none in the folder (which is in a sub folder of Documents) where the original designer file was      .

I renamed the file to something unique (“where am I”) then ran a batch job again and searched. Only the designer file was found. 

Edited by ToddX61
typo

I found the solution. I had the .afdesign file open in Affinity Designer.  I suppose it was locked, and Affinity Photo was unable to open it. After closing the original in Affinity Designer, the "New Batch Job" process ran fine.

Still, it seems that Affinity Photo should have reported an error ... 

2 hours ago, ToddX61 said:

Still, it seems that Affinity Photo should have reported an error ... 

Yes.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.2 | Affinity Photo 1.7.2 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.2 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.2.2 | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.2.151 | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.7.2.458