You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradient Mesh (I Know It's Been Asked Before)

I know this has been asked before. I'm just wondering if there will be implementation of this feature in the next release.

I've been trying to create a realistic looking flower, and when I looked up tutorials on how to do it in AD, there was none. Well there was one, but it didn't look as realistic like the one I saw for Illustrator.

http://design.tutsplus.com/tutorials/create-simple-flowers-with-gradient-mesh-in-adobe-illustrator--vector-22492

vs.

youtube (dot) com/watch?v=JzPWNKpibgk&feature=youtu.be

Had to reinstall Illustrator just for this occasion in creating a realistic looking flower for a logo I'm working on.

While you're waiting for the gradient mesh feature, there's always the option of hopping into pixel persona and painting it. As long as you're working at a large enough size you should be good resolution wise... just a thought. I used to do a ton of GM work but have slowly transitioned to a other workflows that are quicker (less setup), more flexible (easy to make changes) and more intuitive (painting = fun).  :)  Plus it's amazing what can be done with the Layer effect features in AFD...

I'm looking forward to seeing Affinity's take on the gradient mess tool. I don't really like Illustrator's gradient mesh tool. While it is powerful,  it is hard to work with and it is very unintuitive (in my opinion). I'm hoping that the gradient mess tool in Designer will be much more intuitive. 

Edited by Hokusai

Freudian slip. lol. Learning how to make a flower look 3d right now and I had to reinstall Adobe Illustrator, which was annoying.

Don't like the idea of having to use Illustrator after falling in love with AD. Will be interesting to see how AD implements the gradient mesh feature. I'm using GM right now in Ai, and I agree, it feels unintuitive.