New problem in the latest build  1.7.0.283, OS X 10.13.6.

If you make a change to an external picture that is already linked in the document, it sometimes (not always) will garner an invalid file type as APUB notifies you that a change was made to the external file. However, the change is actually made in the document. See attached screen shots.

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.19.54 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 1.17.34 PM.png

The storage drive "Storage 1" for the JPEG photos is internal to the computer. There is another thing to consider, sometimes AFPUB doesn't react to a modified image on disk. In that case, I have to manually "replace image". At this point, the replacement sets AFPUB up to crash (half the time) - when I use Command-S. Already reported that separately.

21 minutes ago, thetasig said:

There is another thing to consider, sometimes AFPUB doesn't react to a modified image on disk. In that case, I have to manually "replace image"

Do you use the Replace Image button on the Context menu to do that, or the Resource Manager?

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.145), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404 and 1.7.1.404 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.399 Beta

I usually use the Replace Image button. When that fails, I try the Resource Manager (that shows the image is "Modified") and press the "Update" button.

this is not something I can repeat - nor is it being reported by others. Have you checked your disk for errors?

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left