You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

no pressure sensitivity on x1 yoga with

I just installed Affinity Photo and Designer on my X1 yoga 3rd gen 20LD (Windows 10 64bit), which includes a Wacom AES digitizer.

I am not getting any pressure sensitivity in Affinity, however pressure sensitivity works fine in other applications like Sketchable and Autodesk Sketchbook out of the box.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi and Welcome @mahimahi,

There is no Pressure sensitivity in Designer for the vector tools you have to be in Pixel Persona for it to work and you have to enable it with the weird looking icon (looks like an arrow shot into an archery target). Plus there is more to the brush if you click on the aptly named More button next to it. In Photo the same buttons will work for the various brushes. I hope this screen shot of Designer helps.

des.thumb.jpeg.15f4a206b84deed2756ce4f1afd9bfc8.jpeg

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Hi Old Bruce,

Thanks for your help. I was trying the Basic pixel brushes at the top, which seem to have all jitter settings set to zero. Based on your comment I found the jitter settings and the brushes that already have them set up.

Edited by mahimahi

20 minutes ago, >|< said:

The vector Brush and Pencil definitely support pressure sensitivity.

Good lord you are right, I haven't used them in so long I completely forgot about that. My experience is that they are quite flaky to the point of being almost completely useless. 

@mahimahi if you want to use them there is a button on the toolbar titled Controller. It is by default set to None but there is Pressure which I find useless, you may have better luck and then velocity, faster means wider brush strokes.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

• 2 weeks later...

I am not sure I get it.  I draw an ellipse, change to brush, set properties with a 75% size variance, but the ellipse still shows as one solid line, no variance.  I thought this was the right thread for understanding brush controls, but I am still missing something vital.  Advice on where to look?

Thanks, 

~C

16 minutes ago, cjipper said:

I am not sure I get it.  I draw an ellipse, change to brush, set properties with a 75% size variance, but the ellipse still shows as one solid line, no variance.  I thought this was the right thread for understanding brush controls, but I am still missing something vital.  Advice on where to look?

Thanks, 

~C

We can't apply a brush stroke using the pressure, tilt etc we used to draw a shape like an ellipse (or the other shapes). We can however modify the stroke with the brush's pressure pane and the properties dialog box. Tip, make a copy of the brush you start with so your edits won't be permanent in that brush.

505743913_Untitled2.thumb.jpeg.32de18df8c4f764064cbe54749564d75.jpeg