Drew5190

Windows Version and the Microsoft Store

Hello,

I am an Affinity Designer user for both Mac and Windows and I love the software. However, I am looking into getting a Microsoft Surface Go which runs on Windows 10 S and I will only be able to run apps from the Microsoft Store on the tablet. I was wondering if it is at all possible to use my existing Windows product key to get the Microsoft Store version without paying another $49.99?

Just trying to save some money here.

Thanks,
Drew

Hi, welcome to the Affinity forums.

If you have to use the MS Store to download and install your Affinity for Windows products previously purchased from the Affinity Store, unfortunately, you will need to purchase a new license.  All the various "purchase-routes", Affinity Store, Mac App Store, Microsoft Store, have no "connection" with each other and so are not "interchangeable".

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

From what I've read you aren't required to run 10 S.

For example, https://www.windowscentral.com/surface-go-how-unlock-windows-10-s-mode

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.258 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.257 Beta