You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sheared font printing incorrectly

I printed direct from Publisher on an HP Laserjet M551 and discovered two issues :-

1. The sheared writing ('Just' and 'Thing') appears to be stepped - the letters themselves have not distorted, but merely printed normally, but on a sloping baseline. (The only applied effect is the shear.)
  2. The rotated writing ('ONE') has slightly rotated the baseline of each individual letter indeendently, and has made the letters thicker so that they touch one another. (The only applied effect is the rotation.)

Workaround is to export PDF and then print, but obviously it's still a bug for fixing.

20190308_162818.jpg

I think this has been observed before. I don't seem to be getting it on beta 257 (using HP Laserjet P2055d printer) so maybe try this if you haven't already done so. Reflected text had also been a problem here but 257 seems okay so far.

Windows 10 Pro, I5 3.3G PC 16G RAM

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.