iscom

importing images from scanner ( is Insert on PP)

14 minutes ago, iscom said:

Does AP have Insert picture from scanner ? 

No.

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518

No, it doesn’t.

In my (personal) eyes is is a poor workflow to scan images directly into the layout: If you „bury“ your images within a different document, you lose most of the control about the image parameters – especially about image quality, color space (CMYK, RGB) and even resolution. And you might never be able to find the image on your machine.

So in „professional“ designing, scanning into a document is hardly ever used.

Well its worked for me for a few years without any problems. .   so there another reason to keep using PP  But now I know to stop looking for it in AP  unless ???? you never know :)

1 hour ago, mac_heibu said:

Yes: Smoking without dying of cancer works too for many people. But is it „best practice“? :)

It is without a doubt the stupidest* thing I ever did. Best practice is hard to get to, often you need to work with someone who has them already in place and has the patience to teach them to you.

* Starting to smoke, not "not dying of cancer". 

MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012) Mac OS 10.12.6 || Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 10.14.5

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.7.3 | Affinity Designer Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Photo Beta 1.7.x.x | Affinity Publisher Beta 1.8.0.518