You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Colour changes by import of PDF

Hello!

We have severe problem with importing ready printable pdf-files. The colour changes when we import. Beta Windows 1.7.0.238. Even if a new document is created the colour of a 100% black is not black, it changes to a 4c-black with 70,60,58,84. Colour-profiles of importfile and dokument are identical. Other colours have the same problem too. Has anyone the same problem? Have we done something wrong? If we open the pdf-file instead of place the colours are correct. Same in Photo and Designer. PDF-file is written in X1a and with X3. Only pdf-files with Acrobat9 standard and without colour-profile is importet with correct colours. Problem is, that we get most of files in X1 or X3 to import and have to print or press them correctly.

Thanks alot for any help.

• Staff

Hi DPS,

Could you attach some screenshots showing the issue you are encountering please as well as posting your PDF file you are importing? Without this there isn't much we can do to investigate the issue.

What I would suggest is that when importing the PDF you ensure CMYK is selected in the Colour Space dropdown and see if that helps the issue!

Thanks!

Hello Sean,

thanks for your reply!

I made PDF with standard X1-a, X3, Acrobat9 (all with ICC ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI)) and one Acrobat9 without profile. The Acrobat9-PDF without profile is the only one that works for me after import with the correct colours. All other (even X3 without profile) have that colour-problem here on Windows with beta 1.7.0.238. Colour Space of new AP document is same CMYK: ISO Coated v2 300% (ECI).

Screenshot shows top left X1a, top right X3, bottom left Acrobat9 and bottom right Acrobat9 without profile. So only the bottom right version has the correct colours after import!

All files included here. Just open the afpub and check by colour pipette tool the colours - only bottom left has the named colours!

WE can do the workaround with the Acrobat9 without profile inhouse, but almost all files we get from external creators have that colour-problem!

Please feel free to test with our data and give us a hint.

Thanks a lot!

AP-Test.afpub

AP-Test_X1a.pdf

AP-Test_X3.pdf

AP-Test_Acrobat9.pdf

AP-Test_Acrobat9_withoutProfile.pdf

AP-Test.PNG

• Staff

Hi DPS,

Thank you for the files - I've reproduced the issue. Doing a File > Open and importing the PDFs that way will show the correct colours, however placing them which you've done and where I presume you're colour picking from is showing the incorrect values/converting them when it shouldn't. Have you tried using File > Open and checking the values?

I'll get this passed on to development!

Looking at this a bit more your AFPub file is actually using a slightly different profile (ISO Coated V2 300% ECI) to the PDFs (ISO Coated V2 ECI) so there is some conversion being done. Changing the document to the same profile as the PDFs is giving the correct values. The only thing that is a little strange is that the PDF without profile when switched to ISO Coated V2 ECI is then showing the incorrect values! I'll query it with development and check the behaviour!

Thanks

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.