I'm doing some Digital speed painting in Photo and I developed a workaround for the lack of a custom shapes tool like the one in Photoshop. I Lay out my rough sketch and colors in Photo, then I go to File > Edit in Designer, where I have set up some categories in the Assets Panel for my custom shapes. I have to place a few of my textures and shapes into the canvas and then I have to go back to File > Edit in Photo. Once I'm back in Photo I can use the Mesh Warp Tool to warp the textures how I want them.

My request is to have the Assets panel in Photo also so I don't have to jump back and forth. That way I can add and warp all in the same program. Sometimes once I start to warp the textures I notice that I forgot something and I have to jump back over to Designer just to grab a single texture, then back to Photo to warp. For speed painting, it's a pretty big step to add to the workflow.

If the Assets Panel is added to Photo, I don't think that there will be a need for a Custom Shapes Tool.

You could save a file with your assets on a page in ADesigner>save and open in APhoto and copy/paste from there.
Or
Save it and drag/drop or place it as an embedded file which can be edited within APhoto and copy/paste from there. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Win10(1809)Home / Photo / Designer / Publisher & latest (beta) versions

Thanks, those sound like good options too. Though, I don't know if they would be much if at all faster. Either way, it kinda takes me out of my flow. The workflow I mentioned works for now. It's actually very quick to bounce between the two programs as long as they're both open. I just thought I would make a suggestion that I think a lot of people would like.

I'm also looking forward to a vector Mesh warp for Designer and non-destructive perspective feature in Photo that would allow embedded documents to remain embedded instead of rasterizing them. Those would be neat to have.