You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to open Sinar .wr raw from eMotion

I think those are pretty old Sinar file formats, since afterwards they used STI and nowadays the DNG as raw format. In the past they had some "eXposure" and "Capture Shop" software which could deal with those somehow older TIFF based file formats. - However, their today actual software is CaptureFlow, but I honestly don't know if that still handles and maybe can convert  those very old file formats into DNG here. You have to give it a try out.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hello v_kyr,

thanks for the tip.

I have fiddled with Captureflow, but the software does not seem to open the Sinar files at all. Would there be a Captureflow tutorial for Sinar eMotion raw somewhere?

Affinity would still be a nicer solution, since I don't need to stick to a Mac with it.

Take a look here: http://www.brumbaer.de/Tools/Brumbaer_Tools.html

I downloaded and installed eMotionDNG (Click on the image not the name) on High Sierra and it converted them.1433993293_ScreenShot2019-02-06at07_44_57.png.b2146ce5c4dc7c5f84f26504aae4b4c5.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

The Serif Labs Raw Engine will open the DNG files but the Apple Core won't, Rawtherapee also opens the DNG files.

Just out of curiosity I dragged one of the IA files onto the workspace and Serif Labs Raw engine opens it albeit in portrait mode instead of landscape.

Screen-Shot-2019-02-06-at-07-55-10.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.4.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hello firstdefence.

Thanks for experimenting with the files.

I in fact believe Affinity can work with the eMotion raw. When I dragged one IA file onto it, Affinity managed to display one corner of the photo in portrait mode.

It felt like I am missing the exact sequence of steps, you know like digging up a treasure in Indiana Jones: like first loading wr/br files (white reference/black reference), and then opening the ia files..

I confused..

Another Sinar question. How come I have two br files by the way? How do I generate them?

I've seen a similar post with a similar folder name format and the files contained within and they had the same as you so I don't think you have a file missing, It does seem a bit confusing to have such a file structure. 

• 1 x .wr
  • 2 x .br
  • 3 x .IA

5 hours ago, axiom said:

I have fiddled with Captureflow, but the software does not seem to open the Sinar files at all.

You probably will need the much older eXposure software then, which in turn also only runs on older Mac hardware, see here among the software. - See also this LL thread here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2