jfw222

icc profiles in "Quality and media" of Print Dialogue

On which OS?

If Windows, you should be able to right-click the .icm or .icc file in Explorer and choose Install. If Mac someone else will need to provide an answer.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta       / Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.333 Beta    / Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.337 Beta

Thanks, Walt, but I use a Mac. My problem is , not how to import icc,s into the System via ColorSync, but how to get the icc to show p in the "Quality and Meia" panel of the Print Dialogue. I am aware of the Color Management in the Print Panel and that you can select icc,s there, but they do not show up in the Quality media panel.

Different printer drivers handle color profiles differently, but typically you won't see them in the "Quality & Media" subsection of the print dialog. Your printer manual is the best place to look for info for this, but it is likely to be different for each printer you use.

For example, for my (old) Canon printer, the "Color Matching" item has buttons for "ColorSync" & "Canon Color Matching." Choosing the "ColorSync" option displays a popup that defaults to "Automatic," with an alternate "Other Profiles ..." option. Choosing that (finally!) displays another window with the list of profiles to choose from. But if I choose "Canon Color Matching," there is no access to the installed icc profiles, & my laser printer has an entirely different set of options.

Affinity Photo 1.6.7 & Affinity Designer 1.6.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 & Affinity Designer 1.6..4.45 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.1.1