You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Export from Publisher a selection (namely a chart) as WMF/EMF does not give the same result as per Affinity Designer doing the same export

Export from Publisher a selection (namely a chart containing text and up and down lines) as WMF/EMF does not give the same result as per Affinity Designer doing the same export. Affinity Designer export is successful whereas Affinity Publisher's result does not render the graphic lines properly. Just meager lines instead of wanted thicker lines as per originals. Would be nice to fix that.

Exporting as SVG seems to work OK. But since I need EMF actually, it is a problem for me.

Thanks a lot. Congratulations overall, the program is very promising.

Testing Touchstone.afpub

• 2 months later...
  • Staff

Hi Touchstone,

Sorry for the really delayed response! I've just tried this in the latest build and it seems to be exporting out ok for me. Opening the resulting file in both Paint and Publisher shows the line about the same size. It is worth noting that Paint showed a rasterised version of the EMF so I had to increase the Page Size to make legible first. What application was you using for viewing these in?

Could you try reexporting this in the latest version of Publisher and see if it has improved for you. You also say that Designer was ok, was that the 1.6 Release or the 1.7 Beta? If it is the release you could attach an AFDesigner file we could try please? 

Thanks,

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.