You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Text decorations unreliable

Just for fun, I experimented with decorations on a Heading paragraph style. The result was unsatisfactory

1: Paragraph style update was patchy in its effect, updating only some of the instances in the document

2: The gradient feature did not seem to do anything. The controls were not transparent, and the effects were not understandable, if any. As a minimum a tutorial is needed

3: One Heading would not even update itself, or went wrong. For example a left side bar went down the side of the whole text box

Luckily, this is not a feature on which I am depending, so I just abandoned decoration.

Generally, however (as a loyal and long time user of PagePlus, I am enjoying APub

HI GrahamMYC

By gradient do you mean for the transparency sections? This applies a transparency to the entire decoration but does not kick in until you start editing the gradient.

I've tried this in a document and it updated all instances where that style was used for myself so I've not been able to recreate points 1 and 3 so far. Are you mainly using a particular document and if so would you be able to provide it at all for me to investigate?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.