You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

o and a are repleced by ordinals

suddeny when typing a and o change in every word and text box to what looks like superscript (although when I check they are not declated to be superscript but "normal"). I guess the two vowels are replaced by Spanish ordinals from Unicode Latin1 Supplement. In preferences, I unchecked the auto-correct function "superscript ordinals as they are typed" but it does not make any difference. A bug? Help?

• Staff

Hi Conni,

Could you attach a copy of your document this is occuring in please? It sounds like this may have been changed in a text style. Check the main body text style that is applied and ensure Super/subscript is set to [No change] or None under 'Character > Position & Transform' in the Text Styles dialog.

6 minutes ago, Sean P said:

ensure Super/subscript is set to [No change] or None

The ‘o’ and ‘a’ aren’t being affected by the superscript setting. They’re being replaced because the OpenType ‘ordn’ (ordinals) feature is switched on.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.