You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Each time I copy-paste a file from Affinity Photo to GraphicConverter for instance, I end up with a file named "Clipboard 1.pdf" in my trash can. It shows the image I was working on. Any idea why and possibly a way to stop this behavior? Did not find anything in the preferences.  Thank You. 

Clipboard.pdf.jpg

Bonjour and Bienvenu,

(that is the extent of my french)

I have been on Macs for over twenty years and I don't ever recall anything like that. I would be curious if it persists after a restart of the machine. Do you ever "zap the PRAM" at restarting (hold down P + R + option + command and let the startup chime sound play twice)? It clears out a lot of cruft from the persistent memory and resets a bunch of stuff that should automatically reset but don't for some reason. 

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Yes, me too, over twenty also. But just to make sure, I just did the Pram reset and it continues. If I leave the trash bin open, I can even see it in real time, the second the image is pasted, the file appears. I am on Mojave, but it started with the previous system. Still, somehow it could still be related to GraphicConverter because it started after one of their updates and this is why I asked them first. Nevertheless, since they never heard of that either, they suggested I inquire here also. Since I don't have any other graphic software I can't try another pasting even though it does not happen when I paste the image on a text file for instance. Thanks for your input. 

• Staff

Hi Denis-Vincent,

When you paste into GraphicConverter do you get a pop up window titled 'PDF Import Settings' ?  If so, then tick the box 'Try to import only image data'.  This should then stop the PDF being sent to the trash can.  If you've hidden this window, you may need to re-enable it in Preferences of GraphicConverter.

For some reason GraphicConverter is seeing the image to be pasted as a PDF.  This is even when i enable Copy as SVG in preferences and using a clipboard viewer to confirm that copied data is an SVG.