Could someone tell me how to improve this photo?Thanks for any help and advice.I've edited well over 100 old family photos successfully but I've got 6photos similar to the above which as you can see are very grainy and a brown colour cast.I've tried a lot of adjustments but can't get it edited to my satisfaction.

Scan (240).png

Edited by Vauxhall60
Wrong subject put in.More information added.

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.

Hi @Vauxhall60 ,

I've started by doing Auto levels, colour, white balance, and contrast. 

Next, Some curves adjustments to bring the exposure up a bit, some masking for the light bleed in the bottom right corner over Curves and White balance. See attached. 

Resto.jpg 

Thanks,

Gabe. 

Resto.afphoto

Thanks Gabe for your reply ,help and advice.I will try this on the 6 photos.Your help Is very much appreciated.One more thing,How do I get rid of graininess on a photo?

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.

49 minutes ago, Vauxhall60 said:

One more thing,How do I get rid of graininess on a photo?

You may try out some of the APh Denoise filter or use a supported third party plugin (Dfine from NIK-Collection, Topaz DeNoise etc.) for this purpose.

test_scan_image.thumb.jpg.edefc6948ba1aaa5c91679746e8cbbb7.jpg

And since these seem to be scanned in good old analog images, don't forget to remove blamishes, scratches, particles etc. too with the APh healing tools!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan