aimuch

Is it a lifetime upgrade or a large version upgrade?

Hi aimuch,

Welcome to the Affinity forum.

All upgrades for the current version (1.x) are free.

A new version (2.x) would require a new purchase that would include all future upgrades to that version.

I am considering a move from Adobe to all Affinity software. Let me get this straight. Every time there is a new full point version 1,2,3,4 I will have to pay full price again?

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017, 4.2 GHz Intel Core i7, 32 GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8192 MB

5 hours ago, Pixelsmith said:

I am considering a move from Adobe to all Affinity software. Let me get this straight. Every time there is a new full point version 1,2,3,4 I will have to pay full price again?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @Pixelsmith. :)

You’ve understood correctly. All 1.x updates are free for version 1 owners, but if you want the new features in version 2 you will have to pay for it. Having said that, version 1.7 is currently in beta and there have been indications that there is a version 1.8 still to come, so version 2.0 is clearly quite a long way off. Version 1 will continue to work after version 2 is released, so you won’t be forced to upgrade if you’re happy with the version you have.

On past evidence there will be launch offers for the version 2 apps, so you won’t have to pay full price if you’re quick off the mark.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)