You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The Artistic Text Tool and Frame Text Tool have the same keyboard shortcut. I'm wondering if there is a good reason for this? I hover over the Frame Text Tool and find T is the shortcut. So I hit T, go to drag out a box and find I have the Artistic Text Tool. Maybe I'm missing something here.

As soon as you press T you should see the cursor indicate which tool you've selected. As Fixx said, if you got the wrong one just press T again and you'll see it switch.

You could change the Artistic Text tool's shortcut to something else, such as shift-A, if you want.

(Note, too, in case you change that shortcut: if you're already using a particular tool, such as the Frame Text tool, and and it's not one that alternates with another tool, then when you push its shortcut key when the tool is already active you'll switch to the previous tool that you had selected. So you should check your cursor before pressing a shortcut key (and after :) ).

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4

If I press T and I'm not paying attention to the cursor, I can end up typing a 't' if I press T again to change the tool. I wonder if they could change it to A for Artistic Text? I suppose that, since they use M to toggle the Rectangle, Ellipse and Round Corner tools, that having the text tools toggle too makes sense.

6 minutes ago, Bob Grahame said:

I wonder if they could change it to A for Artistic Text?

"A" is the shortcut for the Node tool. You could use shift-a.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4