You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows opening off screen

I use two monitors.

When opening specific windows for tools, often they open on the other screen to the one I'm using for Publisher. Sometimes, they even open almost entirely off the side of the other screen. This makes finding them REALLY difficult if you're working with multiple files / apps at the same time.

Please make the preferences and resource manager windows open in the same location as the main app window.

Thanks.

• Staff

Hey robinp,

Can you describe your setup so I can try and reproduce this? Are you using a MacBook with an external monitor or an iMac with a 2nd monitor next to it?  The windows should remember where you placed them and open up in the same position.

I've checked Windows and it's fine so this might be a specific Mac issue but I want to make sure I can replicate your environment so we can pass this to the developers. 

Hi Chris,

I have a 2018 13" MacBook Pro with a 27" Dell U2715H monitor plugged in externally. I suspect it happens because I plug and unplug the external monitor fairly regularly. The secondary windows always appear at the far right of my MacBook screen almost entirely off screen.

I have the monitors arranged so that the Dell external monitor is positioned directly above the Macbook screen which I guess is a bit unusual?

Edit: I should add that this doesn't happen all the time. Not sure what the cause is but I'll pay attention to what might be the cause.

869518909_ScreenShot2018-09-26at15_47_29.thumb.png.f600ff918b81dee656d0817c2e3ed30e.png

Robin

• Staff

Hi Robin,

This shouldn't be happening. Using an external monitor with a MacBook Pro is pretty common now and we should be making sure your workspace isn't being affected when you connect the screen. I'll get this logged with the developers for you! 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.