You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pages tumbnails not displaying correct page numbers

Hi there,

My first post so not sure if I'm in the right spot.

Have used InDesign (as part of the Creative Suite) professionally since it was PageMaker. Very impressed with Photo and Designer on desktop and iPad, and have been waiting impatiently for Publisher so I can finally cut the Adobe cord. Not disappointed with this first – now second – iteration, a lot of great work. So thought I might help with a bit of testing.

Not sure if this bug has been reported. I created an eight-page document then repositioned page 7 by dragging it's thumbnail to a new position in the Pages column. It reposition okay but the page number didn't change to reflect its new position. I then added more pages using the 'add page' feature in that column. They were all labelled as page 7 – the page I moved. Closed the document and downloaded beta 58. Reopened the document. Thumbnail page numbers are still incorrect. Added a new page at the end of the document. The added page panel correctly identified the page number as 11 but it appeared in the Pages column as yet another page 7.  That's the bug.

I have  question about how to do stuff in Publisher but will keep those separate.

Great work.

Cheers

Mike

Screen Shot 2018-09-16 at 1.07.16 pm.png

I am not getting this here, very odd behaviour. I'll try again later to replicate it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

I've just tried to reproduce the error and I can't in a new document or converted pdf – which is what the original document was – however if I add a new page anywhere in the original document that new page is still labeled as page 7. Weird.

Hi Pauls,

As i mentioned in response to Old Bruce I can't reproduce the issue. The original file, when opened in build 128, still displays the incorrect thumbnail page numbers and when adding another page that page is always 'page 7' in thumbnails. But in creating new documents by importing pdfs and adding/moving pages in those new documents all is working 'normally'.

It may have been a very specific action of moving a page then adding a page that 'locked' subsequent pages I added into same 'page 7' number. Have created a master to display the page number on each page in the 'weird' document and that works just fine too, but the incorrect and duplicated thumbnail page numbers remain in the Pages panel. I'd put it down as a 'freak' occurrence and ignore it. If I have the same issue again I can always raise it then – and take care to notate the specific steps that led up to the issue.

Otherwise really enjoying getting to grips with Publisher.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.