You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Program is crashing when i try to open saved file created in 1.7.0.57

• Staff
9 hours ago, Wojciech Krakowiak said:

@Patrick Connor - this bug is also described here:

I also can deliver a file that's not opening in newer version, but I have to do it privately.

Thanks with all these posts it's a little hard to keep up. Please can you tag me again next week when I am back in the office for me to give you both a Dropbox link 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

22 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Thanks with all these posts it's a little hard to keep up. Please can you tag me again next week when I am back in the office for me to give you both a Dropbox link 

im also getting crash report and program sutdown when trying to open previous beta document

• Staff

@caroline909

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :)

Are you using mac or Windows, and can you please provide a file made in #57 that cannot load into #58 as this is not the case for all files and we need to track down the cause. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 9/7/2018 at 11:17 AM, huubjonkers said:

Updated to 1.7.0.58. Now the program is crashing trying to open a fyle created with version 1.7.0.57. It's just one file thats doing this. Other created files are opening.

If ne eded i can send the file personal (not public). its 340mb.

2018-09-07 11_15_13-Affinity Publisher.jpg

I'm using the Windows version.

• Staff

Thanks to huubjonkers and one or 2 others we now have sample files that show this problem. We have at least one bug here. We believe this relates to (embedded) images placed on the master page of a document not reloading into #58.

IF you did not put images on your master page but cannot reload your document we are still interested in you providing your file as there may be more than one cause for these crashes.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

this also happened to me in a file created in 58 and trying to open in 58 , and I did have an image on the master page.

Any thoughts on a workaround, i did quite a lot of messing around on that file and wouldn't mind it back. (I know i'm an idiot)

but larger file with images, etc crashes.  I cant think that it contains anything TOO strange in it. 

Is there a way to import the document or bring in pages at a time to try to find the problem?

cycas.afpub

• Staff

@mralistair

Here is your file "fixed". The logo that was on the master page is now on Page 1 (I did this in build #57)

Please avoid putting the logo/image (currently on Page 1) back onto the master page until you get build 59 that should have this fixed, or it will not reload

cycas fix.afpub

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

• Staff

@huubjonkers

your file was affected by the same problem and will load into the new release of Publisher 1.7.0.128.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.