You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pictures lose quality after insertion in Publisher

After I insert a picture in Publisher it looses quality considerably.

I tried different sizes and quality. All give the same result. After exporting to PDF the pictures looks pretty bad (ragged borders etc.)

I may be doing something wrong but do not know what. How to control that? Can anybody help?

Sonny32

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello Ultie,

I solved it myself be using vector graphics in the header and the footer, while in other cases (not in the header) the jpg and png works fine.

While technical support is always willing to help it may take longer than you wish plus the hazzle of uploading etc. etc.(i am lazy yes)

I expected that someone would immediately say: "yes, we know the problem, do this or that, check this or that, make sure the resolution is xyz and the size not more than "n". If in the header or footer do this. etc. etc. But I was asked to upload the original image.

Good luck,

Sonny32

1 hour ago, Ultie said:

I found this thread and it was dated a year ago. It seems the problem still persists lol

Without seeing your document difficult to say. How did you insert the images? CopyPaste? Placed? What kind of image? Resolution of the image? To get things short post your Publisher file in question (with embedded images or zipped folder with image and Publisher file) into the forum.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

49 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

Without seeing your document difficult to say. How did you insert the images? CopyPaste? Placed? What kind of image? Resolution of the image? To get things short post your Publisher file in question (with embedded images or zipped folder with image and Publisher file) into the forum.

I just dragged my pictures into publisher. They are screenshots of my laptop so the resolution might not be a problem as I have been doing this in InDesign for years. I wonder if placing photos will help?

There should be no difference in quality. Now it would be interesting to see the Publisher File including embedded screenshots.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.