You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF export issue (split)

Hi all!

I have made a test with the new software.
I have the same problem as I have with Serif Publisher 9, please see encl. pdf:

1. Not seeing in the Pdf: The page 2-3 is opposited printed as page 1-4. On the booklet I have page 1-3-2-4, not 1-2-3-4.

2. The background is made with approx 10% black (grey tone).
As you can see in the pdf it is darker grey under text made with "Artistic Tool", Picture and "Drop Shadow".

I use Ricoh printer Aficio CL 4000 with PCL 6 standard printer driver.
I use also Ricoh MP 2500 with PCL 6 standard driver.

Whats wrong?

-Per

EPSON009.PDF

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, JFisher said:

Hi Per Lind,

This is a flattened PDF which shows the content as images. This issue will be related to the original export method used. Which program was used to create this PDF?

Appears to be a scan of printed pages.

The likely issue is that PCL6 has a terrible time flattening transparency like is used for the affected areas. It would be good to try exporting as a flattened PDF (like PDF/X-1a) and trying a print from Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:22 PM, MikeW said:

Appears to be a scan of printed pages.

The likely issue is that PCL6 has a terrible time flattening transparency like is used for the affected areas. It would be good to try exporting as a flattened PDF (like PDF/X-1a) and trying a print from Adobe Reader or Acrobat.

Yes, it was a scan from printed paper to pdf.

If I print to Pdf from Serif/Affinity I got it right but the printed paper will have a large White area  and black line around my layout.

Not looking great.

Also, the lighter grey areas is still there., but not visible at the pdf.

Ricoh printer driver don't like Serif/Affinity.

-Per

EDIT: As I have notice its only happen with grey at the background. Other colors work.

Edited by Per Lind

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

Didn't anyone of you have same problems as me?

As I wrote in the EDIT its mostly when I add some areas to gray background.

What driver do you use for the Ricoh printers?

I hope someone of you have a Ricoh printer so I can get help or the Afinity Team could fix it.

-Per

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.