You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'd like to see a feature for printing or exporting PDFs with pages of an A5 booklet arranged for printing on A4, like InDesign's File > Print Booklet.

Given how gawd-aweful InDesign's tool is (it'll only export in PostScript, not PDF, and I have to use Preview to convert it),  I guess this isn't a very popular feature. But I produce PDFs that are published on a web site for our users to download and print at home. I need to give them the files in a format they can easily output correctly on a home printer with the booklet pages in the correct order.

Edit: It has been pointed out in this thread that this can already be done through the Print dialog. My mistake! 

Edited by somnolentsurfer
Inserted link to thread where this issue has been resolved.

12 hours ago, Philcinbath said:

Booklet export to a pdf in Indesign is deeply flawed, and with an A5 booklet it requires a rather special pdf app that I have to run under Windows on my Mac!

Agreed. It's horrible in InDesign. If you're just using that Windows app to convert Postscript to PDF, though, you might want to try using the Preview app built into macOS. It's tedious that InDesign can't do it natively, but that does at least work for my needs.

Yes, InDesign is supposed to do it, but it's basically broken. I've always had to export pages and then have Acrobat Pro order them for booklet printing, a pain and required two exports which is always dangerous.

If Publisher could do this (it should be easy!) that would be fantastic. It would also be nice if Publisher could add creep (based on page thickness and number of pages).