You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi MEB,

Thanks for the welcome. And thanks for the tip. That’s exactly what I was looking for. I didn’t know that you need to touch the name of the effect. I thought just by tapping on the switch it would make it work. What is the purpose of the switch if it is not to turn on the effect? I’m not certain about that. 

And by the way, I am thrilled to be an Affinity user now. I have used Adobe software for about 30 years. It looks like I’m going to be switching to Affinity. You guys have done a brilliant job with your software. 

OK. A little update. I am definitely getting the shadow to show up but when I click off of the layer, the shadow goes away it’s as if it’s requiring a confirmation. And I do not see the ability to confirm. 

Also. In an unrelated note, the chatting system that you have here which works very well in most respects, is extremely buggy on my iPhone. When I try to edit or select the type is it sometimes nearly impossible it kind of makes me crazy because it’s taking me 15 minutes to enter one paragraph of text it just doesn’t work Well on an iPhone. 

• Staff

Select a different tool (or anything that changes the context toolbar on bottom actually) to make it "stick".

Regarding the other question (purpose of the ON switch) this is something that was raised before but wasn't changed for the release. This is the first version, it's possible we still optimize/change a few things - it already improves/differs from the Affinity Photo version in a few common features like the undo implementation for example.