SWeiss

Side menus don't refresh, unable to edit after Develop button pressed

Help!  My side menus don't refresh after I click Develop button.  I'm not able to edit.  The buttons are there but I can't see them.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 1.57.53 PM.png

Check View > Show Tools is ticked

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.4 - Dell Inspiron 17 5767 i7 Laptop Windows 10 - Illustrator CC, Affinity Designer/Photo, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Deco 03 Pen Tablet, 5 pages on LaunchPad - iPad2 iOS 9.35 B|  Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Designer (ADe) Tutorials - Affinity Photo (APh) Tutorials - Public Domain Images

4 hours ago, SWeiss said:

Help!  My side menus don't refresh after I click Develop button.  I'm not able to edit.  The buttons are there but I can't see them.

You don't seem to have the Context Toolbar with the Develop Button or the Cancel button on.

context.jpg.ad22e1e3c5790c3b14a1738deb0f9724.jpg

That is View > Show Context Toolbar although yours is ticked :S

or the Studio on the right with all the panels.

View > Studio > Hide Studio.

Try clicking on both of those once or twice and see what happens.

Or something might have gone wrong. There is a master reset, hold down the control key while you launch Photo and click on reset when it starts up.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

They both are checked.  The screen won't show the buttons that are really there.  If i float over I can see the text/title for the buttons that are there but I can't see them.  Same with the Studio on the right.

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 5.48.33 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 5.49.25 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-07-12 at 6.15.29 PM.png

Something has definitely gone wrong.

Quit Photo then restart it with Control held down, until you get this. I am pretty sure it is Control too on a Mac, i.e. not Command.

reset.jpg.cdcd65cf5c00be8da4476c28f4cc29b8.jpg

Click Clear

If that doesn't work try again, click Select All then click Clear, but you will lose custom brushes, user settings etc.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.