You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

One Year With Affinity Photo

Well not exactly a year but as near as damn it.

How do I feel now about Affinity Photo? For one thing I'm more familiar with it, so with this familiarity comes ease of use. It was more a matter of trying to escape the mind-set imprinted upon my brain by using Photoshop for about 10 years - my finger would click on a mouse button expecting the same thing to happen but more times than not it didn't. Things work slightly different in Affinity so it was a case of constantly forcing myself to adapt and learn the functions of a new editing program. I think that all in all, I'm able to do most - if not all the editing I need to do with photo composites. There is a comfort to be found with familiarity, and at last I can say that I AM now comfortable when using Affinity Photo. It just goes to prove that photo editing doesn't begin and end with Adobe products. I am in no way a professional toucher-upper, just someone who likes playing with pictures to turn them into something a little more artistic by applying creativity, and Affinity Photo allows me to do just that. So adios Adobe.

To round up, I would say that the cost of the program is dirt cheap when one considers all the tools and functions that are available and, all the updates, for now, come free as part of the original purchase. I would venture even further to say that, if at some point in the future Serif needed to implement a small charge for an update, then I would be happy to oblige - I still believe in the software and have high hopes that the future for Affinity is bright when one considers just how 'young' it is.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.