hunterae

Pixel Persona extremely slow in Affinity Designer

Pretty much whenever I attempt to use Brushes in pixel mode, I get major major lag in performance, like 5 or more seconds sometimes, between when I draw and when the results appear on the screen. The problem seems to be more severe when using custom brushes, or the default included brushes when the width is increased to very large. I also get performance issues when I switch the blend mode from "Normal" to something like "Multiply". As far as I know, I have a pretty good computer - I've attached a few screenshots of the specs. I've also tried changing the "Performance" configurations but have yet to improve this lag. I've also tried closing running processes and applications.

Am I missing something here. My computer is super fast with regards to software development but I'm new to doing graphics related things so I'm uncertain if there's hardware that I'm lacking.

Thanks,

Andrew

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.27.45 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.28.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.30.22 PM.png

Am I correct in assuming you are running two external 1920X1080 px displays with your MBP? If so, what happens if at least the main workspace window is moved to the MBP's built-in display and/or you move everything to it & disconnect your external displays?

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1