Philipp32

Problem Sony A7III raw

The problem with the RAW file from the camera Sony a7iii. On iPad Pro. When you open the file, a black screen appears and the application crashes. Help....

Hi Philipp32 and Welcome to the Forums,

How are you opening the RAW file and where are they stored? 

I've just been able to use 'Import From Cloud' and open a RAW file from the a7iii stored on iCloud without issue.  

Hi Stoker. I use a direct photo product via usb camera kit. on the filming area there is no possibility to use the cloud. the file appears in goeree but can't open it. when trying to open raw photo affiniti focuseda black field. and the program hangs.

Hi Philipp32,

Sorry my mistake, i had opened a RAW file from a Sony 7RM3 and NOT a Sony 7M3.  The Sony 7M3 isn't on the supported list of RAW files from Apple, full list can be seen here.

We would need Apple to add support for that camera before Affinity could open the RAW file.

2 hours ago, Philipp32 said:

I'm sorry. how long to wait .... ?

I honestly don't know, as this is the iPad version of Affinity we only have one RAW Engine we can use, which is provided by Apple.  So until they add support for it, we can't open it.  

I've known about the RAW engine limitation for a while, but I'm curious. Is this a limitation based on Apple and iOS not allowing other RAW engines or is this Serif not implementing their RAW engine in the iOS version?

iPad Pro 12.9 3rd Gen/Mac Mini, in that order

This seems strange as I just got Affinity designer and that can open the raw sony a7m3 image but not affinity photo. Is there any update to this or does Designer do something different?