So I sprained my ankle exactly a week ago. No more longboarding for a while! :/ Since I got my X-ray images on a CD, I thought it would be nice to play with them a little.

I didn’t have anything particular in mind, this was freestyle, and somehow ended with a title page for a magazine, I suppose. :D

I used Designer for the final layout, although the DICOM images were processed in Photoshop. It was my go to app and frankly, I didn’t think for a moment if Photo could handle DICOM, too. I wish there was a multi-column functionality in AD…

In case you were wondering, the typeface used was Bona Nova family. It’s been released fairly recently and it’s a result of a tremendous collaboration between Andrzej Heidrich, the traditional graphic artist (who also happened to have designed banknotes in Poland among other stuff) and a young but already prominent type designer, Mateusz Machalski. If you’re interested, you can read more at http://bonanova.wtf.

Cheers!

Matt

skok-A3-B5.png

42 minutes ago, matisso said:

In case you were wondering, the typeface used was Bona Nova family. It’s been released fairly recently and it’s a result of a tremendous collaboration between Andrzej Heidrich, the traditional graphic artist (who also happened to have designed banknotes in Poland among other stuff) and a young but already prominent type designer, Mateusz Machalski. If you’re interested, you can read more at http://bonanova.wtf.

Sorry to hear about your sprained ankle, Matt, but thanks for the typeface info!

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)