You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't save very large jpeg

Hi I am using Serif 6, and had no worries over the years until now. I have made a banner which will be 1200mm x 2000mm when printed up. However I can't save it as a jpeg, tiff, or pdf as it's telling me it is too large. My computer has 2 TB of space to save into. What am I doing wrong? Any suggestions as to how to save this please?

You’ve probably set the print resolution too high. From memory, Serif’s ‘legacy’ software products have an export limit of 60 megapixels, but if you export at 100dpi you’ll be well within that limit; at that resolution, people viewing the banner from as little as a metre away will be unable to distinguish individual pixels.

As Gabe has indicated, you should post to the CommunityPlus Forum if you need further help with this issue.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)